I made this delicious side dish to go with my leftover peanuty pasta from a few days ago. I had a whole mess of fresh green beans in my CSA, and I’ve been waiting to use this Moosewood Cookbook recipe for fresh roasted green beans with garlic and pine nuts for a long time.
- 1 lb. fresh whole green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- 10 to 12 medium cloves garlic, peeled (don’t skimp here)
- 1 to 2 TBSP balsamic (or red wine vinegar; I used balsamic)
- 2 TBSP Evoo
- salt and pepper
- optional: 1 cup lightly toasted pine nuts or almonds
- Preheat oven to 400F. Brush a large baking tray with 2 tbsp EVOO.
- Spread the green beans, onions, and garlic cloves on the tray and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, intermittently stirring or shaking the tray. Taste to see if it’s as tender as you’d like; if not, toss back in for 5 or 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and, if it’s easier for you, transfer to a bowl so you can drizzle the balsamic (and add some more pepper if you want).
- Serve at any temperature, topped with the toasted pine nuts or almonds if you’re using them.
- Yield: 6 servings
- Time: 30-40 minutes including prep