- 4 bottles cabernet sauvignon
- 1 bottle pinot grigio
- ½ bottle brandy
- ½ bottle ruby port wine
- 1 lemon peel
- 1 orange peel
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 2 sugar pumpkins
- ½ oz. cloves
- 1 l water
- ½ lb. brown sugar
- ¼ lb. white sugar
- 1 oz. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. butter
1. Pour the wine, brandy, and port into a large container.
2. Add the lemon and orange peels and three cinnamon sticks.
3. Let the wine mixture sit while you make the pumpkin puree.
4. Peel the pumpkin. Scrape out the seeds and strings and discard.
5. Wrap the cloves in cheesecloth (to make them easier to remove later). Cut the pumpkin into small pieces and place in a large saucepan with water, brown and white sugars, and remaining cinnamon sticks, vanilla extract, butter, and cloves.
6. Cook over low heat until the pumpkin slices are very soft.
7. Remove the cinnamon and cloves. Blend until smooth.
8. Strain the puree through a fine strainer. Use the wine mixture to thin out the puree and make it easier to strain.
Refrigerate 1-2 days before serving.