This year, for the first time, I was lucky enough to participate in the Austin-Boston Food Blogger Swap (#atxbos), which matches food bloggers from Austin, TX and Boston, MA to swap foodie care packages in the month of October. The only rules? A $30 limit and a passion for local food products!
I swapped with Austin blogger Christy Horton, a pastry and dessert blogger at Epicuriosities.com, last week. Check out the fun stuff she sent me:
- Blanco Valley Farms Candied Jalapenos (life-changing. Seriously).
- Homestead Gristmill Yellow cornmeal
- Fresh pecans
- Confituras Celeste fig lavender marmalade
- Asiago Culinary Crisps from Doctor Kracker
- Lone Star Kettle Corn with Chile-Lime spice
- Gluten-free all-purpose seasoning by Wildly Natural One
- Local Wildflower Honey
- Almond Courage, a live, activated trail mix by New Earth
- Edible Austin (which, by the way, I’m keeping for whenever I travel there)
- The Austin Chronicle, an independent newsweekly
Make sure you check out Christy’s blog, Epicuriosities, and follow her on Twitter @Christy111luv. She sent me her own recipe for Southern Corn Bread, which I’ll definitely be making (and blogging!) soon. I may even take her tip to throw in the candied Jalapenos to keep it Texas style. I hope she enjoys her Boston food package as much as I liked getting her sweet n’ hot Texas goodies!
Did I miss any awesome local products? If you have ideas, leave them in the comments!